Jenn O’Brien’s purchasers, a younger skilled couple with a 4-year-aged daughter and two canine, adored their late 1960s saltbox home in Boxford. On the other hand, their bedroom, which is found in a later on addition, lacked character. O’Brien taken off the carpet to expose large pumpkin pine floorboards and painted the partitions Benjamin Moore Super White, producing a shell which is both dazzling and heat. Getting cues from the property’s farm-like setting, she formulated a subdued palette punctuated with black for contrast to accomplish the dreamy experience they preferred whilst keeping the place grounded. “It’s now the serene getaway they asked for, and it showcases their temperament,” she says.
1. A printed rug by Loloi pulls the area alongside one another. “It has all the tones we used—pinks, sea greens, blues, black—and then some,” O’Brien states.
2. A skilled installer hung the linen/cotton blend drapes to assure the base edge would fall to the ground in a clean line. “It’s an aged house, so very little is level or sq.,” O’Brien claims. As for the polished nickel rod and rings, the designer likens them to jewelry for the top of the home.
3. O’Brien swapped out a cumbersome dresser in favor of black-rubbed mahogany chests by Noir on both facet of the mattress. The ridged profile infuses young energy into the space even though keeping it developed-up.
4. O’Brien painted complementary abstracts to anchor each and every side of the mattress and increase modern attraction. Tall ceramic lamps impressed by Japanese pottery are one more layer of interest that doesn’t detract from the artwork. “They work together but have their individual identity,” she states.
5. The canopy mattress from Crate & Barrel, centered on the window for symmetry, is an architectural-like factor that fills the space devoid of infringing on flooring space. “It’s open up and airy but has a stately come to feel,” O’Brien says.
6. Blue throw pillows introduce a pop of color atop the jacquard-woven chambray bedding that O’Brien chose for its motion and depth. The fringed lumbar pillow offers an additional condition, extra texture, and a hint of playfulness.
Marni Elyse Katz is a common contributor to the World Journal. Send comments to [email protected]